Selecting Interesting School Persuasive Essay Topics About Daedalus And Icarus
Daedalus and Icarus make for one of the most mysterious out of all myths that find origin the Greek mythology. Since both history and myth are exposed in very minute detail, the essays on the subject seek to exploit both historical and mythological angles in the essays. But there are ways in which the topic can be addressed even after discounting these issues.
The first and foremost task while composing a paper on Daedalus and Icarus is to find a title that is capable of shouldering the weight of the paper and the writer’s expectations both. You may visit this site to know about the major themes in the story. Here are some titles that you may look upon to when trying to come up with your own title on the subject.
List of persuasive essay topics on the subject
- The flight of Icarus and Daedalus: what are the historical, mythological and symbolic interpretations of the flight?
- The start: it all ensued with Daedalus visiting Crete. Do you think that this is a mistake that could have been avoided right at the beginning?
- List some of the most famous inventions by Daedalus. What according to your opinion was the most effective invention? And which invention brought no good as such?
- There are two reasons furnished by ancient Greeks on the reason on King Minos’ fury over Daedalus? What are these reasons? Which one sounds more logical?
- Name the materials that were used by Daedalus to create his own wings. Had you been given wing made from these materials, would you like to use such wings?
- Daedalus told Icarus to fly at some mid-height? Why did the former do that? Was it the statement of a sensible being or an over-protective guardian?
- Should it be safer to play safe rules or adopt crazy and lofty ideas? Derive and answer to the question in view of the story of Daedalus and Icarus.
- Daedalus and Icarus fly off and someone from the ground notes them flying. Who is this someone? How would you react if you saw such a light moving from the ground toward the sky or moving across the sky?
- Icarus dies in the story. How does the other major character react to the death? Is this the right way to reach on part of a father who has lost a son?
- Why according to you does Daedalus decide upon building a temple post the death of his son?
- Do you feel it was possible for Daedalus to protect the death of his son? What could he have done differently?